- about us
- members services
- News & Policy
- policy issues
- Letters to the Editor
- First Nations In Forestry
- Truck LoggerBC - Magazine Archives
- Truck LoggerBC - Advertising
- TLA Events
Giving You a Voice with Government and Other Key Stakeholders
This section is dedicated to keeping you informed and up-to-date on issues affecting independent contractors. Across BC independent contractors look to their associations for technical advice and lobby support as they go about their day to day businesses of logging, trucking, scaling, engineering or marketing of logs. The TLA advocates on our members’ behalf so that our collective voice informs policy makers of key issues that affect our membership. Membership provides you with the opportunity to stay informed about forestry issues, by making valuable business contacts, and by being a part of influencing government and public policy issues, which help to protect and enhance the sustainability of the forestry industry in BC.
BC’s logging associations exist to represent the interests of their members when they cannot do it for themselves. Some of these issues include:
- Funding for the Forest Service Providers Act that will result in ongoing lien protection for forest service providers.
- Participation in the Industry Working Group on the Natural Resource Road Act as the government works to create new legislation covering the rules on the logging roads.
- Negotiating fair contractor rates that allow companies to reinvest in their employees and equipment.
The outcomes of these issues have far-reaching impacts to loggers and truckers across BC and the TLA's participation in each of them ensures your voice is heard at the table.
TLA Mayor Handout UBCM
TLA Maurelle Island OpEd UBCM